Sunday, May 17, 2009

5 for 5

Ok.
this title is not in reference to an arby's special.

I am proud to say I made it to bootcamp 5 days in a row last week. That means, getting up at 4:30 AM...going to work out at a session of bootcamp.

http://jaysbootcamp.com/.

These are always fantastic workouts! I even made it on friday for the PT test. I have historically skipped the PT test for several months, but hopefully am becoming addicted to the test now...just to see results.

What is the PT test you ask?

2 min of push ups. TOES folks, on TOES, no resting on knees...etc
2 min of sit ups...
2 mile run

Here is the chart:
http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/apa/rc/apft.htm

91
85
74
Grand total of :
250


The goal is to get 100 points per area. for a whopping 300!!

Ironically, when I took the test in the past I did better on the pushups- I think my counter last time let me get away with a few less than good pushups! I was glad to see my run speed has improved, and I even walked some of it??? how is that possible. oh. I am SLOW...that is how. always room for improvement, right?

So, tomorrow we go at it again! 2 more full weeks of bootcamp. Then I will be mixing it up. MWF bootcamp, and tuesday thursday, all runnning! trainig for chicago officially starts 5/31/09.

now, if I could only get my eating under control....ug.

For those who read, hold me accountable to take the next PT test and see how I do!

No comments: