Sunday, May 10, 2009

he told me he'd meet me

Ok-
I am going to make an effort to NOT make every post about my singleness and all that it entails (0r doesn't). But, today was probably the most difficult mothers day for me. Never did I think I would dread this day to the degree I did today. I fought and lost a few, but won most battles with tears this morning and last night. Through the day I was determined to be happy. I had to choose it.

Most who read this know that music has always been a part of my life. more so back in the high school and college days, but it still lingers. I am admittedly a car singer, and am not ashamed.
That being said, I recently swapped out the 6 cds in my car for a new set of random music. You will find anything from musicals, country, old school christian music, etc. For some reason (providence I am sure), I pulled out a sons and daughters CD from the late 90s. They are now known as Watermark. There was a song that hit me: Welcome to Deleware.

well its bitter cold december, and the leaves have all fallen true, and I do belive I'm still in love with you.
well I've settled here, and that it that , you have shown me who I am . You had to take me place that I'd never been.
Well we headed to where it seemed like no where, you told me you'd meet me, you told me you'd meet me here.
And your here to say- "WELCOME TO DELAWARE- I know you've traveled far, and its a lot colder here thatn what your used to. And I know, that in the wintertime, things aren't what they used to be- but all you really have here now, is Me."

Man-it is cold and lonely where I am right now. No lie. But, I have a renewed hope that He WILL meet me here. He brought me to this place for a reason, and will bring me through this season as well. 5 years ago I was going though a very rough time and never thought I would escape that period. I did, and am grateful it all happened. I learned more about myself, my friends and family back then.

Looks like He wants me to learn something more.

3 comments:

schwalka said...

I had a 'Delaware season" last year. after emerging i looked long and hard for a delaware t shirt to remind me of what i've learned. kinda like a camp t-shirt:) still looking though. praying for you friend!

Jen Mall said...

I am having my own little delaware season too...wouldn't it be easier if God would just say "today's lesson is about "Trusting Me" or "Leaning on Me" etc etc like a teacher...Why does he have to speak in "code?"

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

i have been to delaware too...didn't love it. it was hard. you are in my prayers.